An experimental documentary by a Chinese director who lives in France.
Stylish camera work reveals the destruction wrought as old neighborhoods are demolished to make way for new construction as part of Shanghai's pell-mell modernization. What are being destroyed aren't just building. People's lives and memories are also being crushed.
2006「Eiffel Tour for you」
2005「Four days after the Chinese New Year's Eve」
Screening / Award history:
- Best Short Film / 31st Sao Paulo International Film Festival, Brasil
- Best Short Film / 13th Lyon Asian Film Festival, France
- Best Video / TRUNK - The Nordic Art Video Festival, Sweden
- Best International Documentary / 15th International Short Film Festival of Santiago, Chile
- The City of Neubrandenburg Award / 16th dokumentART, Germany
- Honorable Mention / 20th Exground Filmfest, Germany
- Special Mention / AURORA Festival, UK
- Special Mention / L’Alternativa - 14th Barcelona Independent Film Festival, Spain
- Special Mention of the Artistic Direction / 11th Unimovie, Italy
- International Praiseworthy Performance Award / 9th Backup_Festival, Germany